Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
God's hotel : a doctor, a hospital, and a pilgrimage to the heart of medicine
"San Francisco's Laguna Honda Hospital is the last almshouse in the country, a descendant of the Hotel-Dieu (God's Hotel) that cared for the sick in the Middle Ages. Ballet dancers and rock musicians, professors and thieves--"anyone who had fallen, or, often, leapt, onto hard times" and needed exten... Full description
- First years
- The love of her life
- The visit of Dee and Tee, health-care efficiency experts
- The miraculous healing of Terry Becker
- Slow medicine
- Dr. Diet, Dr. Quiet, and Dr. Merryman
- Dancing to the tune of Glen Miller
- Wedding at Cana
- How I fell in love
- It's a wonderful country
- Recalled to life
- The spirit of God's hotel.