Knock 'em dead : the ultimate job search guide, 2013
Updated for 2013, Yate delivers a blueprint for success in a time when hundreds of candidates are competing for the same position. He tells you exactly where today's employment opportunities are and what skills you'll need to impress employers. He also shows you how to stand out from the crowd with:... Full description
- Part I : The well-stocked briefcase. The realities of a job search ; The skills and values that guarantee a successful job search and career ; How to build a killer resume ; How to build a professional brand ; Networking and the successful job search ; Network-integrated job search tactics
- Part II : Get the word out. Making contact ; Ace the telephone interview ; Dress for job interview success ; Body language ; The curtain rises on the job interview
- Part III : Great answers to tough interview questions. The five secrets of the hire ; The other side of the desk : why interviewers do the things they do, and how to respond ; How to Knock 'em dead : great answers to tough interview questions ; "What are you like to work with, Mr. Jones?" : questions of manageability and team spirit ; How to handle stress and illegal questions ; Welcome to the real world ; Strange venues for job interviews ; How to ace psychological tests ; The graceful exit
- Part IV : Finishing touches. Out of sight can mean out of mind ; Negotiating the job offer ; Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat ; Multiple job interviews, multiple job offers
- Part V : Where the jobs are. Thirty fast-growing occupations.