Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
The second machine age : work, progress, and prosperity in a time of brilliant technologies
A pair of technology experts describe how humans will have to keep pace with machines in order to become prosperous in the future and identify strategies and policies for business and individuals to use to combine digital processing power with human ingenuity. Full description
- The big stories
- The skills of the new machines : technology races ahead
- Moore's law and the second half of the chessboard
- The digitization of just about everything
- Innovation : declining or recombining?
- Artificial and human intelligence in the second machine age
- Computing bounty
- Beyond GDP
- The spread
- The biggest winners : stars and superstars
- Implications of the bounty and the spread
- Learning to race with machines : recommendations for individuals
- Policy recommendations
- Long-term recommendations
- Technology and the future (which is very different from "technology is the future").