Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
Showdown : Thurgood Marshall and the Supreme Court nomination that changed America
by Haygood, Wil (Author)
Thurgood Marshall brought down the separate-but-equal doctrine, integrated schools, and not only fought for human rights and human dignity but also made them impossible to deny in the courts and in the streets. In this stunning new biography, award-winning author Wil Haygood surpasses the emotional... Full description
- Bound for Room 2228
- The ghosts of Little Rock
- Willie and Norma Marshall's brave son
- Battling with a legendary country lawyer
- A "Philadelphia Negro" suddenly on standby
- Thurgood Marshall and his Southern hero
- The chairman goes AWOL, and the hunt is on for anti-Marshall votes
- "The Jew"
- The long memory of Evangeline Moore
- Return of the prosecutors
- Painful interruptions for a president and his nominee
- Dear Mr. President
- A rebel's last roar
- The Constitution
- Thurgood Marshall's stand in LBJ's Texas
- A nominee in limbo
- Good evening, Mr. Justice Marshall
- Requiem for Thurgood.