Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
Last girl before freeway : the life, loves, losses, and liberation of Joan Rivers
by Bennetts, Leslie, 1949- (Author)
"Joan Rivers was more than a legendary comedian; she was an icon and a role model to millions, a fearless pioneer who left a legacy of expanded opportunity when she died in 2014. Her life was a dramatic roller-coaster of triumphant highs and devastating lows: the suicide of her husband, her feud wit... Full description
- Nobody ever wanted it more : but she has no talent!
- Dying is easy. Comedy is hard
- Dicks and balls : breaking into the boys' club
- Stardom and wifedom : happily ever after?
- Westward ho : California dreamin'
- The first lady of comedy : nothing is sacred
- Victim as enforcer : terrorizing women into submission
- The temptation of Joan : poisoned apple
- A thankless child : how sharper than a serpent's tooth
- Debacle : the death of a show, a marriage, and a husband
- Recovery : the long road back
- Reinventing a career : I can rise again
- Art and commerce : all in a day's work
- Home sweet Versailles : Marie Antoinette meets Auntie Mame
- High society : putting on the Ritz
- But is it good for the Jews? : sex, politics, and religion
- Men are stupid : beauty and betrayal
- Back to the top : fighting like a rabid pit bull
- Fashion forward : triumph of the mean girls
- Daughter dearest : how to succeed in show business
- The time of her life : fame, friends, and fun
- The final mountain : gathering shadows
- Grand finale : sudden exit, pursued by bear
- Legacy : laughter and liberation
- Updates from the afterlife.