No one cares about crazy people : the chaos and heartbreak of mental health in America
by Powers, Ron (Author)
"How did we, as a society, get to this point? It's a question that Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and bestselling author Ron Powers set out to answer in this gripping, richly researched social and personal history of mental illness. Powers traces the appalling narrative--from the sadistic abuse o... Full description
- What is schizophrenia?
- Bedlam, before and beyond
- Eugenics: weeding out the mad
- "A more normal world"
- "When they were young"
- Madness and genius
- "If only, if only, if only . . ."
- Chaos and heartbreak
- The great unraveler
- "Hey fam
- "Something unexplainable"
- "We have done pitifully little about mental illnesses"
- Red Sox 17, Yankees 1
- Insanity and Icarus
- Someone cares about crazy people.