Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
The prodigal tongue : the love-hate relationship between American and British English
by Murphy, M. Lynne (Author)
"An American linguist teaching in England explores the sibling rivalry between British and American English. "If Shakespeare were alive today, he'd sound like an American." "English accents are the sexiest." "Americans have ruined the English language." "Technology means everyone will have to speak... Full description
- The Queen's English, corrupted
- The wrong end of the bumbershoot : stereotypes and getting things wrong
- Separated by a common language?
- America : saving the English language since 1607
- More American, more Ænglisc?
- Logical nonsense
- Lost in translation
- The standard bearers
- The prognosis
- Beyond Britain and America.