Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
Lands of lost borders : a journey on the Silk Road
by Harris, Kate, 1982- (Author)
"As a teenager, Kate Harris realized that the career she craved--to be an explorer, equal parts swashbuckler and metaphysician--had gone extinct. From what she could tell of the world from small-town Ontario, the likes of Marco Polo and Magellan had mapped the whole earth; there was nothing left to... Full description
- Marco made me do it: North America
- Roof of the world: Tibetan Plateau
- Natural history: England and New England
- Undercurrents: Black Sea
- The cold world awakens: Lesser Caucasus
- Angle of incidence: Greater Caucasus
- Borderlandia: Caspian Sea
- Wilderness/wasteland: Ustyurt Plateau and Aral Sea Basin
- The source of a river: Pamir Knot
- A mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam: Tarim Basin and Tibetan Plateau
- Road's end: Indo-Gangetic Plain and Greater Himalaya.