Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
The heartbeat of Wounded Knee : native America from 1890 to the present
by Treuer, David (Author)
The received idea of Native American history--as promulgated by books like Dee Brown's mega-bestselling 1970 Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee--has been that American Indian history essentially ended with the 1890 massacre at Wounded Knee. Not only did one hundred fifty Sioux die at the hands of the U.... Full description
- Narrating the apocalypse : 10,000 BCE-1890
- Purgatory : 1891-1934
- Fighting life : 1914-1945
- Moving on up, termination and relocation : 1945-1970
- Becoming Indian : 1970-1990
- Boom city : tribal capitalism in the twenty-first century
- Digital Indians : 1990-2018.