Trust & inspire : how truly great leaders unleash greatness in others
by Covey, Stephen M. R. (Author)
"We have a leadership crisis today, where even though our world has changed drastically, our leadership style has not. Most organizations, teams, schools, and families today still operate from a model of "command and control," focusing on hierarchies and compliance from people. But because of the ch... Full description
- Part one: The future of leadership: from command & control to trust & inspire.
- The world has changed, our style of leadership has not
- The increasing irrelevance of command & control
- Style is getting in the way of intent
- Part two: Becoming a trust & inspire leader: the fundamental beliefs and 3 stewardships.
- The fundamental beliefs of a trust & inspire leader
- The 1st stewardship: modeling, or who you are
- The 2nd stewardship: trusting, or how you lead
- The 3rd stewardship: inspiring or connecting to why
- Stewardship agreements
- What trust & inspire is not
- Part three: Overcoming the 5 common barriers to becoming a trust & inspire leader.
- Barrier #1: "This won't work here"
- Barrier #2: Fear or "But what if..."
- Barrier #3: "I don't know how to let go"
- Barrier #4: "I'm the smartest one in the room"
- Barrier #5: "This is who I am"
- Part four: The new way to lead in a new world
- Trust & inspire in any context: parenting, teaching, coaching, and more