Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
Mysteries of the Middle Ages : the rise of feminism, science, and art from the cults of Catholic Europe (Hinges of history v. 5)
Hinges of history ;
After the long period of cultural decline known as the Dark Ages, Europe experienced a rebirth of scholarship, art, literature, philosophy, and science and began to develop a vision of Western society that remains at the heart of Western civilization today. On visits to the great cities of Europe--m... Full description
- A Chaucerian invitation
- Alexandria: city of reason : the great confluence
- Rome: crossroads of the world : how the Romans become the Italians
- Bingen & Chartres, gardens enclosed : the cult of the virgin and its consequences
- Aquitaine & Assisi, courts of love : the pursuit of love and its consequences
- Entrances to other worlds : the Mediterranean, the Orient, and the Atlantic
- Paris, university of heavenly things : the exaltation of reason and its consequences
- Oxford, university of earthly things : the alchemists quest and its consequences
- Padua, chapel of flesh : the artist's experiment and its consequences
- Florence, dome of light : the poet's dream and its consequences
- Ravenna, city of death : the politician's emptiness and its consequences
- Love in the ruins : a Dantesque reflection.