Canine confidential : why dogs do what they do
by Bekoff, Marc (Author)
For all the love and attention we give dogs, much of what they do remains mysterious. Just think about different behaviors you see at a dog park: We have a good understanding of what it means when dogs wag their tails--but what about when they sniff and roll on a stinky spot? Why do they play tug-of... Full description
- Preface: A naturalist in a dog park
- The many joys of watching and living with dogs
- The world according to dogs
- Dogs just want to have fun
- Dominance and the society of dogs
- Who's walking whom?
- Minding dogs
- Emotions and heart
- Dog park confidential
- A dog companion's guide
- Appendix: So, you want to become an ethologist?.