Our building is currently open for pick-up of materials only.
On fire : the (burning) case for a green new deal
by Klein, Naomi, 1970- (Author)
"For more than twenty years, Naomi Klein has been the foremost chronicler of the economic war waged on both people and planet-and an unapologetic champion of a sweeping environmental agenda with justice at its center. In lucid, elegant dispatches from the frontlines of contemporary natural disaster,... Full description
- Introduction: "We are the wildfire"
- A hole in the world
- Capitalism vs. the climate
- Geoengineering: testing the waters
- When science says that political revolution is our only hope
- Climate time vs. the constant now
- Stop trying to save the world all by yourself
- A radical Vatican?
- Let them drown: the violence of othering in a warming world
- The leap years: ending the story of endlessness
- Hot take on a hot planet
- Season of smoke
- The stakes of our historical moment
- Capitalism killed our climate momentum, not "human nature"
- There's nothing natural about Puerto Rico's disaster
- Movements will make, or break, the green new deal
- The art of the green new deal
- Epilogue: The capsule case for a green new deal.